Friday, October 17, 2008

Another day at the VA

Larry and I began the day with a major mess, his incision re-opened yesterday and it had soaked through the dressing I had put on it. This kind of thing has happened before and we always hope it's one time thing and it never proves to be. Knowing that this was Friday off we went to the VA. One of these appointment-less visits is never short and several hours later we came home with the leg still draining and a big bag of bandage materials. We are getting really tired of going to the VA! We made three trips over there this week, boring. We have to just let it drain and change the bandage when it is soaked until Monday. Monday he goes into the hospital for his first Chemo session so they can deal with it. It has been three months since his first surgery and healing still eludes us. We got back home about noon and I went right back out as this was grocery day. So I'm beat! Tomorrow Rob and his friend, Troy are putting in an attic ladder then we're having a mexican feed. I'd like to just deal with one issue at a time but I guess that's not possible!

No comments: