Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Drain's out, port's in

The good news is that Larry's drain finally quit draining and was removed yesterday. Today they installed his chemo port, so he had about 24 hours without a foreign substance in his body! Poor guy. They were really behind at the hospital today so we sat from 11am until almost 4 pm. This is the first time we've had to wait a really long time in Radiology and of course I did not take enough to do for such a long wait! After he "recovered" from the happy juice we went to dinner at Cracker Barrel. Then to Home Depot (sorry Lucas) to look for attic stairs and hardware for a refinishing project of mine. We didn't like the ladder but I found the hinges I wanted. Now we are home watching the playoffs. We are both tired from sitting around all day. My mammogram came back normal, normal as did the ultrasound so as I suspected there was much to do about nothing (and not by me.) I am sick again, I think with allergies, I am so tired of being sick every fall! It's my absolute favorite of all seasons and I miss too much of it being sick. Plus the holidays are coming and I don't feel like getting ready. I am finally finding the house, although Brayden says my basement is a mess. Too true, too true but I'm working on it.

No comments: