Friday, November 28, 2008

The day after

We had a really wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday, twelve around the table. My Father and Brother, Bobby, Larry's Mother and sister, Marie, three of our four children with their spouses/fiancees. Poor Brayden slept through the whole thing. I used my mom's china and sterling for the first time, the china is platinum and white and I set the dishes on gold chargers. It was really lovely. I think that if I'm going to all the trouble to prepare a feast then the table should look as fantastic as the food tastes! Besides, I love to fuss! I played around with the pies this year as well, made the pumpkin out of real pumpkins and put cut out leaves on the edge instead of the crimping. They tasted good and looked pretty, although they weren't perfect.

Today, I made waffles for Mom, Marie and our kids. After they scattered and I finished cleaning up then we had a rest day. I napped, a very rare occurance. Then I wrote some cards to service men as I home to have them in the mail soon. Christmas decorating has begun, I hope to have that finished next week. Larry reports for chemo round 3 on Monday. Things will slow down for a couple of weeks then our oldest comes in on the 11th. After that it's Christmas. I love the holidays and I make a practice of not wishing my life away but this has been the year from hell and I will be glad to see it go.

No comments: