Thursday, November 6, 2008

Roof saga continues

Well, yesterday we were scheduled to have our roof replaced and the crew showed up about 9 and got started. About 10 they packed up and left. They had tacked tar paper up over our old roof on the top, where they had taken shingles off, we thought they were putting a third layer on and they were supposed to be taking it off so Larry called the company. Turns out the crew left because the weather had turned threatening. It was very windy and it had clouded over but it didn't actually rain until after dinner! After the crew left they delivered the trash trailer and parked it on our driveway, completely blocking us out. I guess it was good they didn't block us in! Larry and I left to do our chores not knowing if the crew was returning, they didn't. We took care of a lot of pesky details, like getting our passports (one thing off my 60 list!) After dinner the guys went out and hooked the trailer up to the truck and backed it the rest of the way down the drive so we could move the vehicles to the back. I seriously don't like to leave the cars on the street as we've had windows broken out and cd players stolen. Today, the roofing crew showed up about 7:30, we hadn't even gotten the cars out! The guys moved the trailer up the drive for the crew and we put our cars on the street in case we wanted to go somewhere. The crew was here all day pounding and pounding until after dark, I'm not sure they finished. Rob and Larry hooked up the trailer again so we could get the cars in but our truck wasn't heavy enough to move the trailer. I really hope nothing happens to any of the cars, I don't want to deal with anything else! Hopefully, this will all be done tomorrow but next week the guttering goes on.

I'm working on denim shopping bags, still. I think I have been for about two YEARS, but I'm really trying to get them done and out of the way. Then I can sew other things, like a quilt for Brayden's bed and slipcovers for the pink chairs, the one's the cat's have totaled. I always have more projects than time and this year that's especially true. I have finished painting a cabinet Larry's Grandfather made and have new hinges for it. I found the door handles I want but I have to order them, we are using the cabinet to store our VHS and DVD collection. I like the way it's turned out, think it looks nice. Finding new uses for things we already have is a pleasure for me. Well I want to sew handles on a couple of bags tonight so I'm going to get to it.

No comments: