Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Las Vegas!

Well, after a long, twisty drive through Utah and a corner of Arizona we arrived last night about 5:30pm. Our day began with scraping ice from the windows (of our very dirty van) in 4 degree temps and ended in 68 degree temps here in Las Vegas. This place in unreal, like Branson on Crack! (maybe 10 times crack.) The MGM Grand is huge we are on the 21st floor and there are some 400+ rooms just on this floor! We face the northeast so this morning we watched the sun come up over the mountains and the airplanes taking off from MacCracken Airport next door. Brayden would love these windows, planes take off about every 3 minutes. Tonight we watched the sun go down on the mountains, very nice. Since we were BEAT from the drive we retired very early, Larry about 7:30 and me about 8:00. That would be the reason we were up to see the sun rise!

Larry stayed at the hotel today while I went quilt shop hopping! I bought a few fat quarters and a kit for a little quilt called 'Card trip with a Vegas twist' that has a really cute Las Vegas print in it. I couldn't resist and it will be cute near the games table in the basement. I'm thinking about either the outlet mall or the other two quilt shops for tomorrow, that or staying in and cross-stitching or piecing.

Larry tires very easily and there is an enormous amount of walking to be done just inside the MGM Grand so we haven't done anything on the strip yet, maybe tomorrow. He is still having alot of trouble finding food that he can eat, things either taste terrible or don't set well. He's game but it's taking a toll.

Yesterday, as we were unloading stuff (after the bellman delivered it) I mentioned that there must be an easier way to travel, Larry replied "there is, in an RV!" I agree, it takes longer to haul everything in and out than to set up the trailer. I can set up the trailer all by myself in about 15 minutes and break it down just as quick. While inside everything is already stowed and tidy! Not to mention that I'd cook and eat my own food. Lesson to Gail, TAKE THE TRAILER!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

How Fun to be in Vegas! I haven't been there since Steve got married. I'm sure It's changed since then.

You picked a good time to be in the West. We are having wonderful weather!!

After you leave Steve's and if you are coming through Phoenix and not Tucson, you are more than welcome to stay in the Motor home for the night. It's in the back yard and a little bit more upscale than a tent trailer....LOL

Be sure you win big in Vegas!!!

Love
Debbie