Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quilt block progress

I promised photos of quilt block progress on Monday's and oops here it is Tuesday! I finished one more block on "Look what you started" which is a gift so I can't show it! But, I'm up to 65 blocks for Brayden's quilt. I guesstimated that I would need 70 so tonight I'll cut batting and begin making quiltlets. I still have several backs cut and alot of strips still cut so I'll continue to make up blocks with the idea of a second quilt, I just might keep it. I'd like to get his done soon as I intended it for Christmas and didn't finish it. I doubt it'll be done before his birthday on the 6th but I hope soon after it. Depends on how quickly the quiltlets make up. Also on how much time I spend at the VA and how many days we spend out of town!

I love my sewing machine and it's been such a long time since I wanted to sew, it's all good, well the housework may have to go and cooking too! Ha-Ha!

We are heading up the Minneapolis for their RV show as we missed the one here when we were in Vegas/California. Larry has had the bug for a fifth-wheel for 9 months or so. I have consistently (and adamately) said NO but I would really like a few things we don't have on our trailer: a full slide, double-paned windows, artic package and a table with chairs instead of the booth. We found a trailer manufacturer that looks interesting and thought we might see more trailers with the winter stuff in MN. We like MN so we'll go up on Wednesday next, do the RV thing on Thursday and come home on Friday. Of course this means we get to eat at the Tool Shed in Des Moines (I wonder if that would be the true reason for the trip? Hmm.) I'll also have to visit a couple of quilt shops. No baseball or light houses this trip, darn it!

No comments: