Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday travels

We are here in Denver. Left Hays about 9 had lunch in Limon (boy does that place need a big clean up!) Beautiful day for a drive, I find all that space so relaxing to the eye. I know alot of people would say it's boring but I like it and it's a pleasure to drive through the high plains. Right before you get to Limon there's a place with a tower that claims you can see 6 states from the top, Okay, it's on a high spot so I'll give them Colorado, Kansas, Wyoming and Nebraska-although Wyoming and Nebraska are a stretch- but there's no way I'd belive New Mexico, Okalahoma, or Texas is visible from the top of a 20 foot tower! I wonder how many people go there? We came across 86 into Castle Rock, thought we'd stop at the outlets so we did but most of the stores are empty and all the walking is hard for Larry so we didn't stay long. Got into the hotel around 2 MST and rested until we left for Jim's. We spent a pleasant evening with them and got back here about 8:30. Tomorrow we're heading to Golden to the quilt museum then on to Breckenridge to a quilt shop and for Larry to see Breckenridge. I think it's a neat place. We'll drive on after that until we decide to stop for the night, may not make it out of Colorado, who knows.

No comments: