Friday, January 9, 2009

Trip preparations underway

We're leaving tomorrow for Las Vegas and then San Diego, we'll be back on the 21st as Larry has chemo again on the 22nd. We haven't loaded the car yet but that shouldn't take too long in the morning then we're off to Hays, Ks for our first night. Planning to stop at the Eisenhower library in Abiline as we have never been there and we have been across Kansas so-o-o-o many times and need something new! Day two takes us into Denver, after that I'm not sure where we'll be except we arrive Las Vegas on Tuesday. Friday, we'll leave and head for the weekend with Steve, the following Monday it heading home time as it takes three days. I'm planning on hitting several quilt shops and the outlet malls-especially Oshkosh! Larry and I always have fun on these jaunts, I'm so glad we are going!

I've been sewing up blocks for Brayden's quilt, have 30 made now, I have no idea how many I need so I just plan to use up all the fabric then layout what I need. I'll made a second quilt with the leftovers. It's fun and amazing in that it really doesn't seem to matter which fabrics I put together it looks cute! I really can't wait to finish it. It isn't moble, however, so I'll work on other things on the trip--another quilt I'm hand pieceing and a cross-stitch stocking. Think I'll sew until the laundry finishes then I have a little ironing to do, shower and pack some, I did get all the errands run!

2 comments:

Bri@TheModernParsonage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bri@TheModernParsonage said...

Cross stitched stocking!