Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Larry!

Today is my hubby, Larry's, 60th birthday! We're not celebrating until Sunday but today is the actual day. Instead of celebrating we drove to Whiteman Air Force Base and picked up new ID cards, mine had expired and his needed to be changed to retired for pay. Found out some stuff on the healthcare we are now entitled to, shopped at the commisary and the exchange. Had lunch, or rather breakfast, and came home. It'll be a quiet day from here out.

Last night we went to the New Theatre Resturant for supper and to see "Hats; a Comedy with Music" courtesy of Larry's sister, Kris. She treated us with tickets at Christmas and we are just now going. Had a Ball, laughed so hard, I'm still smiling today! We so needed the laughter. So, thank you Kris and Owen! If anyone has the chance to see Hats it's worth it! A very funny show about women of a "certain age" (over 50) and the Red Hat Society. I am now not having hot flashes having "power surges!" Even Larry would recommend it.

"Vic the Vac" is going to have to come off first of next week, the hole is tiny and Vic is slurping alot, not much to vac up. I can only say, "It's about time!" 8 Aug 2008 the tumor was removed and the hole it left behind is just now about to close completely and that took two more surgeries. Larry is growing stronger each day, he now routinely stays up past 8pm and gets up before 8am! Plus, he doesn't usually take a nap! I told him to be really quiet if he started getting up at 5:30am again, I seriously do not want to get up before 6:30!

I plan to sew some more four patches into strips tonight, will post photos later, and do some cross-stitch as well while watching TV. Numbers is on tonight. I would like to get the trip patch quilt finished before we head out late next week. I can't consider it finished until I've sewn on the patches we've already collected!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Happy Birthday Larry!...Ann :)