Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday evening update

How do you figure out what to call these?

We have been busy since Friday, had Larry's Mom, Sister and family here on Saturday while we were watching the "boys" (that's Brayden and Kolby!) Had a nice visit with them before they left for a birthday celebration for Larry's Mom. Scott and Bri where also in for the weekend and Larry's birthday dinner. Had a very full table on Saturday and again today, all our kids (excepting the CA boy and his wife) plus Chad and Kelly longtime friends of Rob. We need a bigger house! We have 11 without any extras if all the children are here,and as everyone wants a seat at the "bigs" table--no one wants to miss out on the fun--we are constantly trying to figure out a reasonable way to extend the length of our 6 foot table! Larry received a Kindle book reader--he's such a gadget guy! Well, truthfully, I couldn't think of anything else. He seems pleased, it allows him to increase the size of the print without the abridging of a large print book. I hope he enjoys it.

We have four pets at our house, 2 tabby cats and 2 shetland sheepdogs, all are getting on in years. You know when you bring home that puppy or kitten that one day a Vet is going to say that your pet is very ill, dying in fact, and we got that news last week. Our sheltie, Charley, has bladder cancer. He is on medication which may slow the tumor and which will certainly help his arthritis but it will not cure him. Of couse, no one has any idea how long he has (why does that sound familiar?) but I am of the mind that until he can no longer chase a frisbee or a tennis ball he's staying with us. I am especially close to the dogs (hey, dog person--Larry's the cat magnet) so I had some trouble with it. Felt a bit sucker punched--I mean really, it isn't enough that I have a terminally ill husband, I have to have a terminally ill dog as well? SO some tears have been shed and will be shed in the future but at the moment he seems somewhat better and is having less trouble getting up those pesky stairs! Kelsey, the other sheltie, and the cats, Simba and Mika, seem to be healthy. I did tell Larry that he and Charley absolutely could not die in the same year! I was only partly kidding!

I did get some sewing done this afternoon on the patch quilt. I was very careful lining up the blocks so they would look the way I wanted and the first three went together well, and the last have been a total mess and have been taken apart and resewn so not too much progress.

We keep saying we're leaving town in the camper this week and things just keep popping up! First it was Vic the Vac on Larry's leg, but we had to take it off yesterday as I couldn't get a sponge in large enough to keep it open, just a bandage (this is good news--freedom for Larry!) Then it's Ricky Refrigerator's new door, when delivered the freezer door had a rub mark on it so Lowe's ordered us a new door which arrived last week UPS, damaged worse than the original!
So now we are waiting for another door (and have a boxed up door in the entry.) We are also waiting on Charley's meds-had to be formulated for his weight--which should arrive in the next few days. Tonight Larry and I went out to hitch up the trailer, planning to take it tomorrow to have it dewinterized, and the slide won't come in! Doesn't even try, and I just put it out last week to clean the trailer! I don't think we're going to make it out of town this week! I think we'd better follow my old theory here--if it's hard, it isn't meant to be!

This has been a long post, sorry, and no pictures even!

No comments: