Friday, March 20, 2009

Travel Memories quilt

Well, at last I have photos of the Travel Memories Quilt, as I named it today. I've been calling it the patches quilt which is rather redundant as quilts are made of "patches." The photo above is of the whole quilt and the one below is a closeup of the patches we've collected. There is one missing that seems to have fallen off here in my sewing "room" and there may be one more buried in the rest of the stuff we brought home. I'll find the one I had yesterday and sew it on and won't fret about the other, when I find it I'll sew it on. The binding is next. I have actually never done real binding so it will be a learning experience! I hope I bought enough extra fabric.
Today, I finally found the quilt shop in Lee's Summit and bought some of the "Brown Bear" fabric for a baby quilt. I haven't quite decided how I'll make it up but I think I may have bought enough for two quilts. I intend to order some of the solids in that line as well so I can play around.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I think that's a super name for your quilt! Are the patches collected from your travels? Good luck with your binding.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)