Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Morning in "Weird" Austin

I have no idea why but they are wearing T-shirts here saying "Keep Austin Weird" so weid Austin it is! We arrived here on Friday night about 7pm starved and exhausted, having decided it was too much driving to go to South Padre. Austin has a lot of things to see and do so we plan to stay until Wednesday. We had Steak when we got here at the Texas Land and Cattle Co--I have to say it equals "Outback." We have to try some BBQ down here as well, we had some in Hot Springs at McClard's (famous as Bill Clinton likes it, among others. We had ribs (1lb of them) and they were very tender, didn't like the beans or slaw very well.) Anyway, we are comparing BBQ this trip.

Yesterday, we hung around the trailer. That sounds relaxing but in truth I cleaned and reorganized the trailer--we bring entirely too much stuff! Then did laundry, cooked, and we went to Best Buy and bought a new TV for the trailer, all you kids can laugh now! That meant that I had to come back and find a place to put the old TV so more re-arranging of trailer! Larry had to fuss a lot getting the TV set up, finish hooking up the trailer after I ran out some of the fresh water, etc.

Today, we are going to the Johnson Presidental Library and possibly the Wildflower museum if weather and time permits.

I haven't touched a needle since we left home and am feeling withdrawal! Hope to visit some quilt stores before we leave.

We have good signal strength here so I'll try for daily updates.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

The wildflower museum sounds interesting. I don't think I want to know why Austin is weird - or wants to stay that way. It's probably better not to ask!...Ann :)