Saturday, May 2, 2009

Flower buying day

Today was the plant sale on the Independence Square. I usually go so I thought I'd get my tomato plants there. Wrong. Well, I got two Amish paste tomatos, one luffa plant and a lavender to replace one that died last year. Not much. So then I went to Kmart and got my pursilane for the pots in front. THEN, I went to Farrands garden center and oh boy did I get plants. Tomatoes, 4 each of Rutgers and Brandywine, more loofas, non-stop begonias for the pots and plants for the teacup on the deck plus four gallon containers of shade lovers for the front garden, as I am tired of all the bare spots. That will do my plant purchases for this year! I could buy more, of course, but I won't. Well maybe a couple of little pots. Now I will have to plant them but I have to wait for it to dry out.

Today is my oldest son's birthday--he's thirty-two, ohboy he's getting old! Which makes me ancient! Happy Birthday Steve!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I love visiting the nurseries, especially if they have a nice coffee shop attached! You certainly have a good haul of plants for the garden and home grown tomatoes are the best. I have had no luck at all with lavender. Happy Birthday to Steve.!

Ann :)