Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!

I have spent several hours outside the last two days, turning over the veggie beds (no more talking worms) and planting. I think I have finished the planting; petunias and seeds went in yesterday, tomatoes and seeds today. Pulled most of the weeds from the flower gardens and raked a few leaves in the "ditch." I'm planting the wildflower seeds I bought in Texas in the "ditch" hoping they will take the place of leaves for keeping the run-off from digging the ditch deeper. I also hope they eventually take over the hill there so we don't have to mow as it's quite steep and slippery (especially when there are a million tiny acorns on the ground!)

We've cleared out the extra room and will move the sofa in tonight or tomorrow and I will get it ready for the California Fines on Wednesday. I will use that room for hand work and Larry might use it some for watching ball games if I am busy in the basement. Brayden loses his "room" at Grannas but he really likes to play in the living room anyway--more space.

Not much in the way of stitching going on, I've been tired from gardening and shopping the last few evenings. Tonight we're having Mom's day here with the available children, surf and turf. Yum-m-m-m!

This will be a busy week for us, Larry has appointments with various MD's on Tues, Wed, and Thurs, the new sofa and freezer are being delivered on Tues. the California kids arrive on Wed. night-late. After appointments on Thur we're taking the trailer and heading for Columbia as Scott walks for his Masters Degree Friday night. We have some wedding related things to do while we're there as well.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Happy Mothers' Day! You certainly have a busy week ahead. Congratulations to your son on his graduation. They grow up so fast don't they?......Ann :)