Friday, July 17, 2009

A glorious, glorious day!

It has been such a glorious day! The temperature was delightfully low, as was the humidity, so we opened up the house and spent a good bit of time sitting on the deck reading with our big umbrellas for some shade. I think that having a glorious day in July is such a treat that to stay inside is horrid! I ran some errands, again, and worked in the yard without sweating! Since earlier this week going outside felt like I was breathing water, or perhaps had happened upon a sauna without knowing it, today is a double delight. Tomorrow is to be the same. Yippee!!!

Foot Doc said to continue with my little splint, well he offered other options but as it is getting better I decided to continue as before hoping to be able to start my exercise walking again. Visit with my GP also went well, I need cholesterol meds (partly because of my Dad's heart) which I haven't started yet but taking 3 medicines doesn't seem too outrageous. I've almost learned to sleep with two wrist braces so things are going well. I also have lost 5 pounds, not sure how but I sure hope it keeps up!

Heading up to sew on the dress and cut out baby quilts, maybe I'll have photos this weekend.

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

You are quite right. Some days are just magic! Wow, 5 pounds from wearing wrist braces! Think I might give it a try *chuckle*. If only it were that easy. It's probably all that working in the garden. Ann :)

Andrea said...

Nice to catch up with all your news - good luck with the dressg. I used to make all my own clothes before I discovered quilting. Now I could live in pyjamas and quilt all day - lol !