Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This week's update.

A little more progress this week, I had to go get some colors I was out of but mostly I worked on THE DRESS so I didn't have a lot of time for it.

I am happy to report that excepting the hem the dress and shrug are complete. I had to take up an inch under each arm as it was too big, an easy fix and better too big than too small. Had a near disaster with the shrug yesterday--I pressed a hole right through the sparkly fabric! I had enough of that fabric to replace the holey part but I didn't like the drape, it was too stiff. I, fortunately, had enough of the solid black of the skirt for a shrug so I made it up. I made need to add some sparkley there. Tomorrow I'm heading out to shop for shoes etc. Hoping to display a photo here soon.

Now that the dress is completed I can begin painting trim. Windows first. I will also be painting some walls that need freshening or just another color, but first all the trim goes white. As that will take only a part of each day I will also be pulling up the carpet in the basement in small chunks. It's stained beyond hope. This is a little time consuming because there's furniture and my sewing/research area down there--A lot to move around.

For tonight I'm going to stitch.


2 comments:

eeiman said...

What are you doing on the basement floor?

a good yarn said...

I'm excited about seeing pictures of your dress. What a shame about the sparkly fabric. I'm sure you will bring it all together. Ann :)