Tuesday, July 21, 2009

thoughts on traveling and such

Traveling is wonderful, really. Traveling all the time sounds wonderful, right. Traveling is exhausting! First you have all that work getting ready to go, then you go and exhaust yourself seeing new things, then you come home and clean up everything and finally you spend days/weeks catching up on the things you'd have done if you'd been home! I enjoy traveling but I've decided that I don't want to travel ALL the time. I am only beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel of work created by being gone from home so much. It's dim but it's there, at last! I've gotten caught up with my bookwork, housework and yard work so now it's time to catchup on sewing! I am even walking for 30 minutes each day--so far the foot is tolerating it and I am enjoying it so much. When we lived in Denver Larry and I walked the Hi-line canal path every night after dinner and that walking path is something I still miss from there. It's hard to DRIVE somewhere to walk when you don't really feel like it anyway but recently a new park opened near here with a big pond and a walk nearly all the way around. It's only about a 1 mile walk but it's quite enjoyable watching the geese, ducks, blue herons, etc (today I think I saw a Kingfisher! well really three) I am feeling so much better lately that I hustle right through that mile! (I think my ipod helps me move along as well.) I can't really say why I feel so much better except I think it might have to do with sleeping better as my wrists and arms aren't going to sleep 10 times a night and waking me up. So Who-hoo!

No comments: