Thursday, July 9, 2009

The windows are done!


This is the front of the house with the new windows (in white) and the new Green front door. I really love them, not only did they change the looks of the house but we can no longer feel heat or cold (I assume since it's hot now) when we sit next to them and we can lock the basement door on our way out! They were pricey and I have a lot of painting inside to do but they were so worth it. I have to say Renewal by Anderson is the way to go.

Unfortunately, the painting is going to be by fits and starts. I've been watching Kolby part of the past couple of days as he has a fever and isn't allowed at daycare, he's such a doll I just wish he weren't sick! I'll have him some tomorrow as well. I hope to get the basement door stained and varnished by Monday and begin on window trim which I plan to paint white. When all the windows (except Rob and Tanya's which will wait until they move out) are done then we'll insulate the exterior walls and I'll paint walls and floor trim (also white. Well, the trim anyway!) Big jobs. Add to that the fact that I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrone in both hands and am seeing a surgeon next week about that. I don't want to leave it until I've lost feeling in my fingers as the nerves take a LONG time to regenerate. Learned that from Larry toasting his wrist on the ice several years ago--resulting in 3 surgeries including carpal tunnel release. With Larry in a period of stability cancer-wise this is a good time for me to take care of all the niggling little aches and pains that have crept up on me. My toe is still crooked and there is still a bump on the bottom of the foot (swelling ?) I see the foot doc next week again, no telling what he'll want to do next. I'm going to try and sew some this weekend as well, if I can get to my machine. Really it's an effort to get back in this cubby at the moment. I simply must do something about a dress for the wedding and I'm stumped. Getting to close to put it off so I'll do some shopping at JoAnns' on Saturday. If I sew a dress I'm going to set the machine up in the extra room to keep the cats off it!

Tomorrow, I'll have a few pics up of lighthouses as Larry gave me his digitals!

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

My word Gail you have a full plate. Look after yourself. Ann :)

Bri@TheModernParsonage said...

looks awesome!