Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Evening update

I left the hospital about 5 pm and a doctor came after I left, of course. The oncology fellow returned to tell Larry that they wished to do a needle biopsy of his liver to be certain it was the same cancer as is in his lungs and was in his leg. They hope to do this tomorrow, a different cancer would mean a different course of treatment. the pain in his back and side (where the liver is) has been treated with pain meds and he is resting better. Makes him sleepy but he can sleep so that's good. The IV fluids had already helped, he isn't so gray colored and has a bit more energy. I seriously doubt he could walk the hall without draining what "go" he has but he can sit up on the edge of the bed. Things look a bit better tonight, or I just have my head around it better. We weren't really surprised and thought we were prepared for the bad news we knew would come one of these days but it was a real jolt emotionally for us both.

I have some housework to do am trying to get just one or two things done in the morning and evening house wise, one thing in the yard and one in the trailer. I cannot live in a pigpen! I'll be heading in again about 9 in the morning and again will take the laptop and data card as it worked well. Am currently charging my phone and will take a charger along (geez, I need a rolling suitcase for all the stuff I take down there!) so it won't die as it did today. I finally got into my email tonight, hoping that doesn't change. This is my last update for today so signing off.

No comments: