Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday's Larry Update

No biopsy today either. They left him without food, etc all day without telling him they wouldn't get to him today. I was really cranky about that last bit. I understand that things happen in hospitals that cause plans to change. I also understand (although, I don't especially like) this hospital's plan to "work in" the in-patients around the out-patients already scheduled. BUT, I do think some courtesy is required, in that a simple telephone call to the floor nurse with a "We aren't going to get to him today let him eat" would have made life better than our hanging about all day wondering until at 4pm we said, "They aren't coming for him today are they?" I voiced my frustration with this lack of courtesy to most anyone who would listen, including a couple of doctors and a patient advocate. Also considering some email/letters to some "higher-ups." So he will be in hospital until Monday earliest, if he gets the test then. (Which is not guaranteed.) There is no chance of his getting the test on Monday (or any day next week) if he comes home, which the doctor offered, so we decided to roll the dice in favor of his staying in. Also he is now running a low grade temp (and he never runs a temp.) I took him Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner, I've taken him food every time he's been in as their food is awful. This time there are so few things he can eat and I know them better than the hospital so tomorrow I'll fix him breakfast and dinner and take them to the hospital, probably take mine as well to keep him company.
So, after a crummy day, I'm going to go sew small pieces of fabric into strips!

No comments: