Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lunch and Fabric

Larry and I went for lunch with his pals from Embarq today. They are all being moved around or laid off with the Century Tel merger (sorry gang.) We've gone over and had lunch several times, usually we go to the Cheesecake Factory but today we went to Red Lobster. We took the Brown Bear Quilt to Tonya for her baby (we missed the baby shower--Larry was in the hospital.) I think she liked it, she cried! When we got back Larry took a nap and I sorted fabric. I have 9 -11 gallon sized boxes of fabric! Some of it may be from the 60's for sure the 70's and 80's--is that vintage yet? I'm sure I gave away/tossed alot of fabric when we moved from the big house and still I have 9 boxes! I still haven't added the fabric that's on my sewing table either. I do have some more sorting as I want to sort the cotton fabrics by color and fold the smaller pieces to fit into shoe boxes so I'll empty one of the boxes that way. I guess I need to cut some squares and make some scrappy quilts! Then I need to deal with the scrapbooking stuff and figure out how to shelve all this stuff--I have a shelving unit on wheels I had thought to use which I was then going to hide behind a folding design wall. I have to make a much bigger mess before I can finally clean up! I actually like these kind of projects, when I finish I can really say I accomplished something! Right now it's nice to have something I can control.

No comments: