Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday

We had some very nice visitors this morning, Mary (from Embarq) brought her Mom and Sister to see Larry. Mabel, that's Mary's mom has sent Larry so many cards over the last year wishing him healthy and has wanted to meet him, he wanted to meet her also as the cards meant so much to him. We had a nice visit, Larry managed to be mostly present. The morphine is causing him to be more and more out of it and sleepy, dizzy, etc. So much so that it scares me. I just felt that he was taking such a small amount that he shouldn't be so out of it and that maybe he was dehydrated since he hardly ever drinks a whole glass of something so I took him to the er. They gave him iv fluids said his kidney function was good and his blood work good except for his INR--should be a bit over 2 and is 11. This causes a great chance for bleeding if he should fall. The doctor and I talked over admitting him or sending him home, he wanted to come home and I knew he'd rest easier here so I brought him home. The Doc and I also discussed discontinuing all his meds, other than pain, which apparently Hospice will do when they become involved. I think we'll do that and stop the morphine see if hyrocodone will handle the pain without all the grogginess. I also went to the grocery and bought a variety of drinks to try for taste, I did tell him to drink it like medicine even if he didn't like it! Calling his oncologist will be on Monday's list as well. Not much on my list accomplished!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gail. I worked with Larry at Sprint/Embarq. I met you a couple of times. I retired early last December and Mary keeps me up-to-date on Larry's progress.

Please tell him I am praying for him and your family daily and that I wish him well. I can't imagine how difficult it is for him and you watching him suffer with so much pain.

I pray God's grace and blessings on you and him.

Ramie Beck