Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Paint and paper work.

I don't know which is harder when painting, getting up and down off the ladder and stretching my 5'3" bones to reach the high spots or crawling around practically standing on my head to get the trim along the floor! It's a puzzler. I began painting the trim in my room today, one coat of primer down. Tomorrow it will be one coat of paint down. Someday I'll have all the trim painted, then I can paint the ceiling and walls, add a closet organizer and new closet doors and move back into my room. Sadly, I don't think that will be soon. So this morning I painted and this afternoon I began the rounds of people who need notified for many and varied reasons. I went to the bank, Edward Jones and State Farm Insurance. The bank accounts etc are no longer joint, the Edward Jones is being closed, the insurance changed and the name on the car payment etc. One surprising thing, we had purchased credit life on the van. This is a thing we never do and that we both had forgotten about but now the van is paid off. I was going to sell it and keep the truck because it had lower payments but I may change my mind now. The appeal of a car without payments is pretty strong. I do have to keep the truck until I sell the trailer though so I'll have time to make up my mind. It was hard to do all this, made it all seem new and somehow more real. Tonight, I think I'll just watch TV.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

The part I like least is the preparation - washing every thing down. Still just think about how nice and fresh it will look when done. Ann :)