Saturday, October 10, 2009

Not "Cat"urday!

Sorry, no cat photos. They were just not doing anything exciting, just curled up trying to stay warm. This cold snap has us all shivering! The trees are still quite green with spots of color--the hard maples are turning red quite spectacularly at the moment and for the first time I've noticed yellow and orange on our pin oaks. Usually, they just turn brown. We must have a zillion acrons, I don't think I've ever seen as many as we have this year! The squirrels, those little acorn eaters, are very busy cutting off leaves and carrying them to their nests, they look funny with leaves sticking out both sides of their mouths! Rob and I put up my closet doors today, well, Rob did all the work I just watched. I bought more window shades had them cut, took them back and had them cut more and they are still just a bit too big. I decided I'd wrap them up tight and use the miter saw on them! Also picked up the foam board so I think I'll cover it tonight then sew. Making a bit of progress on the cross-stitch stocking, I will be so happy to move on to the next one. I got out the Hill country fabric and am trying to decide what to do with it. Scott is coming up tomorrow, Rob is going to put brakes on Bri's car and Scott is going to help Rob with Calculus and Comp Sci--pretty good trade for two brothers! I'm looking forward to seeing Scott. Wish Bri could come but she has HOMEWORK! Those Law Professors keep her busy. California Girl still hasn't put in an appearance, due for sure on Monday but babies have minds of their own.

1 comment:

Reynolds Rap said...

She has to wait until Tuesday - I want to see her for my birthday. Do you think Candice will mind holding it in for another 24 hours?