Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

So here we are in St Louis for Thanksgiving with the Lennons. It's a lot different from what we usually do. I think the last time we were gone from home on Thanksgiving was 24 years ago, when Scott was a baby, he's 24 now. I can't remember when I didn't cook the meal, sometime before 2000. I think I'll be totally spoiled! Missing the California kids but otherwise we are all here. I am staying until Sunday but the others are headed home later today as both Tanya and Lucas have to work tomorrow. A real bummer for all.

I' ve been unusually quiet on the blog front as I've been PAINTING trim again. I've finally finished until Rob and Tanya change locations! Which won't be until after the first of the year. I still have finishing touches to add throughout the house but I get a breather!

I ordered the fabric for the quilt for my bed. Finally decided to do a Double Irish Chain, the chain will be in blues and the large solid block in the Hill Country Spring. With a 6" (or maybe larger) block I should get a big pop of the fabric. I have now declared a moratorium on ordering fabric! I may be followed home from St Louis buy a few pieces. Hoping I'll get to sew a bunch now that I have all that painting done.

Again, wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! If you don't live in the US just be grateful and eat a whole lot!

No comments: