Tuesday, December 29, 2009

All the latest!

We had a lovely Christmas here, I was spoiled by my lovely children but just having them around is such a gift that I hardly need presents! All I was missing was Steve, Candice and Nora. (By the way kids that does not mean that you can get off without presents next year!) We had a huge snowstorm beginning on Christmas Eve, an actual blizzard, which is very rare for Kansas City. It was still snowing on Sunday. Hank the Hulking snowthrower got a real workout! I finally read a snowfall total of 9-12 inches--considering that we usually get no more than 3 inches in December--that's a significant amount. I have not been out of the house since before it all started. Poor Kolby caught the flu and decided to share--his family got sick on Saturday. Scott, Bri and I got sick Saturday night/Sunday morning and Rob on Sunday night/Monday morning. They call it a 24 hour stomach flu, this is day three for me and I'm not actively sick but still quite weak and with a sore tummy. (On the upside I lost 5 lbs!) So far Tanya and Beth have eluded the bug, may it stay that way!

I have nearly finished the backstitching on Brayden's Christmas stocking, Hallelujah! I think I would be finished but I ran out of thread and haven't been out to get more. Maybe today, I do have several errands to run and more snow is forcast for tomorrow I just have to see if my energy level is up to it!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Oh dear Gail! I am sorry to read that you have all been so unwell. Please look after yourself as tummy bugs are quite nasty. That's quite a dump of snow and it certainly hampers every day activity. I guess in modern times we aren't as well stocked up as in days past. I know I take for granted that I can just pop out for things whenever the whim takes me. Thank you vey much for the lovely compliments on my bag. I hope you and your family are felling better soon. Ann :-)