Saturday, January 2, 2010

Baby, It's cold outside!

A cold front blew threw and dropped us into single digits! It's currently 8 degrees F (-13 C) with a light wind, light snow, and even colder temperatures to come. I'm truly grateful for a warm home! While I still feel the cold from the glass the new windows keep the breeze out. I went out for a few groceries and some Christmas fabric (on sale, cheap, for Christmas this year), came home and am thinking a few hours of sewing under a thick quilt would be lovely. Too bad I haven't got one ready to quilt! I really prefer the cold so I'm good with this. (Larry and I had a running commentary--Larry, "I hate cold weather!"--Me, "I hate hot weather!" )

Guess I'll box up somethings here in the basement to haul up to the extra room while we change over rooms. Rob and Tanya are moving to the basement (this involves a wall in the garage to separate her cats from mine, a door of some kind at the bottom of the steps and new flooring) and my sewing and office are moving to their old room (which has to be painted before I can move in). I makes me tired just thinking about it, sigh. I think when we finish the arrangement will be more comfortable. I still have some touch up painting from before the holidays plus the hall bath to paint. When it warms up (a couple of months from now) I will organize the workshop. One of my goals for the year is to be able to lay my hands on anything I want without hunting! (I'd really like to find my crockpot!) I have a bunch of goals for the year, probably too many but I aim high!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Brrrrrrrr! Gosh Gail that *is* cold. I thought it would be a good idea to rearrange the sewing room. No, it wasn't. Now the room is just one big mess which I have to straighten up tomorrow - without fail. Good luck with all your changes. Ann :-)