Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Great Day!

The day I knew was coming has finally arrived. I finished painting! I even have most of the paint etc back in the garage and stored! I have some clean up to do, door knob to change, hooks to hang and so forth but that should only take a day or so. I also spent an hour or so in the garage re-arranging in the fond hope that I can get a couple of things in there this weekend (my big-screen tv and a large cabinet made by Larry's Grandfather Cohrt.) We are going to open one of the garage doors--this sounds like something easy but since Tanya's cats live out there many boxes etc are in front of the doors to help keep them warm so it's rather an undertaking. Still shifting and considering placement of some things and trying to get the trash out. I managed to sew together a couple of flannel blocks for another rag quilt. I've been working on using up the fabric left from the quilt I made Brayden last year. If I make a couple of blocks each day I should eventually have enough blocks for another bed-sized quilt.

Now I'm off to cut some denim (the never-ending chore) and maybe some other fabric while I watch the tube. Mindless work for mindless television!

3 comments:

a good yarn said...

Whoo-hoo! I bet you feel rather pleased with your efforts. It must look nice and clean and fresh. Good to get a little sewing in as well. Ann :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Good morning. I'm a new follower. Found you from the OPAM 2010. Read through your archives, so sorry about your husbands passing.

Love the blue you used on your bedroom, beautiful job, so I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your sewing room.

Blessings,
Jilly