Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Painting update

Everything is primed, the ceiling painted and the first coat of trim paint is on--in the sewing room. I've primed trim in my bath, filled cracks, holes etc in the hall and hall bath and painted the attic access. Tomorrow I'll hit the sewing room trim again as well as my bath and possibly the attic access again. Making headway even though I kept Kolby again. I don't know if that poor little guy will be well before spring!

I have a patch (or two) of grass in my back yard! The temperature has been up above freezing the last couple of days and the snow is melting. Unfortunately, it's freezing again at night but it is melting. I doubt that we've seen the last of the snow for the winter though.

Have been cutting out pieces for another denim quilt--Rob requested another as his is becoming very worn. I wonder why, think I made it 20 years ago! I'm going to back this one with fleece, should be soft and warm. I'm also making a smaller one for the truck, they are heavy and make nice picnic blankets or for concerts etc as they stay put.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

The prep work for painting is the worst, I think. Still, if you want a good finish it must be done. Don't suppose you'd like to pop on over to my place once you're done? While you are in the rhythym. I've seen pictures of denim quilts and they always look really good. Do you cut old clothing to make yours?