Monday, January 18, 2010

The sewing room

Well, the sewing/research room is painted and I have moved in. After working almost non-stop in here for the better part of three days I am mostly settled in but am in no way willing to share photos of the space! Maybe in a month or two! My biggest problem is the boxes and boxes of photographs and memorabilia taking up precious space. The sorting of that is my project for February, after the surgery on my right hand. I think I can lift photos etc without them weighing over a pound! When they are sorted then I plan to digitize them and put them in scrapbooks. I'm not really crazy about scrapbooking at this point but I think it just seems so overwhelming. Baby steps. I have also taken stock of all the sewing projects I have on my "To Do" list, have to get started. Need to finish at least one thing every month anyway for the challenge. I have not finished painting, still have the two baths and touch up. That is next weeks point of focus. The rest of this week is cleaning my filthy house and taking down the Christmas decorations. (I can not believe the tree is still up!) I want to photograph alot of them for a home inventory plus pare it down a bit. Ha-Ha! No matter how much I take out of this house and how little I try to bring in I never seem to make a dent in the clutter! I'm keeping busy, maybe too busy?

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Well Gail, at least you are making progress and have a plan. I am back at work now and getting nothing interesting done (Sewing/craft wise) - just the boring stuff like housework. Blerrhh!