Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday, Already?!

So, I've been doing not much of anything. I'm having trouble getting interested in doing anything, some good days (when the sun shines) and really awful ones (when the sun doesn't shine.) Think there's some connection? I think so especially at the end of what has been a very dreary winter, so many gray days wear on me.

Good news yesterday! Rob has been extended an invitation to join the Computer Science honors society (Has some greek letter but I don't remember :) !) It has been a long road for his education and he has worked hard--he's also worked his brothers hard as they've been his tutors in several classes. He was thrilled, excited and I think proud of himself. I know I'm proud of him, I was proud of all his hard work anyway but this is icing!

We needed good news as Beth will be losing her job soon, as her company is either closing or being bought out. The worst of it is that they may need to move away--bummer--to North Carolina--bigger bummer.--as Lucas may have an opportunity with Lowe's there. I wish that they could at least be on the same coast as Steve! I will miss them if they go, whatever will I do on Monday and Wednesday evenings without my boys?

I have the binding sewn on the two denim picnic quilts, am planning to sew it down later today. Using the machine this time, the binding is fleece so it won't fray and sewing that down on denim is murder on the hands! I also hope to finish the layout on V's baby quilt and sandwich the other baby quilt tonight. After I finish those I have plenty of other quilts to work on -See what you started and my Irish chain are next!

I have given myself til the end of the month to get my house in order, then April to get the yard in order. I think I need deadlines to cure the listlessness.

Off to do the weekly shopping. Have a great weekend--it's supposed to snow here tomorrow, that's March in Missouri for you 60's one day, snow the next!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I have been struggling to get anything sensible down these last two weeks myself. Must be the weather. Hope you get back in the groove real soon. Ann :-)