Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Some sewing, mostly other stuff

I finished these two small block for Karen's surprise and they will be winging their way to her today, well they'll go USPS. If you've never seen her "Tool Time Tuesday '' you should check it out!

I've been working on a block for the Quilt of Tears, a very lettering intensive block, for a couple of weeks and I finished the lettering yesterday. I wasn't very happy with it but was really unhappy when I went to heat set the ink and my iron leaked water on it. There is no way I'm doing this over so unless I can think of another way to put it together it's hitting the trash! It's a good idea honoring those veterans who have health issues from Agent Orange but I just give up. Some things are just like that.

I pinned the denim quilt last night and will work on tying it next.

I've been catching up, or trying to, on all the things I've put off lately due to hand or whatever. I think I've spent two days at this desk working on the computer and will spend a good part of today as well.

I've started picking up the boys on different nights, Brayden on Monday and Kolby on Wednesday. That way both Beth and I get one on one time with each boy and they get our undivided attention! On Monday, we played Candyland with Brayden and had a ball. At four he did really well with following the rules, well he didn't like the sticky licorice that cost him a turn so he skipped right over that! :) He also did well with losing. Tonight, I have Kolby to play with while Tanya and Rob have class, Beth will pick him up on the way home from gynmastics. I'm glad we were able to set this up, it's going to be fun!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Nice blocks Gail - lovely fabrics too. That's such a shame about your iron leaking. What a nuisance! Sounds like your hand is improving daily which is good to read. Time spent with your grandsons is so precious. Cheers Ann :-)