Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday, morning

So today I am recovering from taking the boys to see Oma (Larry's mom) for a belated birthday party (also for nephew Brian's birthday.) Tori, her great-granddaughter, along with her family are in town from Phoneix so it was a pretty big deal. I took Brayden and Kolby along to play with Alayna and Sophia. The boys both did pretty well, Kolby fell asleep before we'd gone a mile from his house and slept nearly the whole drive, Brayden watched DVD's etc and tried to talk to me but the truck is so noisy on the highway it's hard. It was raining here when I left but soon we drove out of it and most of the way was dry--the sun even came out. The boys played outside along with Alayna. I taught Brayden how to ride the glider and he got it going really high, laughing and laughing. He said, "Granna, this is so fun! I'm so glad you taught me how to do this! " Kolby liked the slide but spent a lot of time crab walking on the drive, guess the cement was just too hard on the knees! We had a good dinner and headed home (in the rain) about 7:30. Kolby was asleep before we got to the end of their driveway! He slept all the way home, and Brayden passed out about 50 miles from home. A very quiet drive. It was fun but I am still so tired. Don't think I'll be making that trip again if I have to drive home after dark.

Off to have lunch and re-pin two baby quilt tops for machine quilting. This will be only the second one I've machine quilted and always trying to learn from my mistakes the backs
are not as smooth as I'd like. I want no tucks back there! Plenty of mistakes on the tops without adding to it!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

You are the best grandma! Sound like the wee ones had a really nice time. Good luck with your baby quilts. I'm sure they are not anywhere near as bad as you describe. Cheers, Ann :-)