Thursday, April 22, 2010

In Memory Event

This photo shows the Memorial for Larry in front of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial panel 11W, that being the panel covering the years 1969-1970 when he was in Vietnam. It was a very nice ceremony, difficult and tearful. As Steve said "Dad's funeral part 2." You can view it here. I just watched a part to see if you could see and hear me and for some reason the sound wasn't on for our side of the name reading ceremony. Larry was third from the end as they were read in the order they were taken from us. You can see me, and Steve behind me-great tall person that he is, but you can't hear me. So, this is what I said: "Master Sargent Larry Fines, United States Air Force, retired. He served with the 35th Security Police Squadron in Phan Rang, Vietnam in 1969 and 1970. He passed from complications of exposure to Agent Orange." We could say what we liked, briefly, and if a cause of death was given it was almost always Agent Orange.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

On Sunday 25 April, Australians remember those who have served our country in war, especially those who paid the ultimate price. It is important to remember that in many of those conflicts, the United States stood side by side with us and on the odd occasion saved our bacon. I like to also remember your servicemen and women on this day. Ann :-)