Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday, four (or maybe 3) get-ups before Vacation!

Lately, It's just seemed like to much trouble to sign in on blogger! It isn't any harder than it ever was I'm just busy. I leave for the west coast, and points between there and here on either Sunday or Monday. Of course, I have a list containing at least a hundred things to do before I go! Some of them won't get done but most will. The main thing is getting my house and truck ready. The truck got new shoes (tires) all around, alignment, brake pads, and oil change--it's mostly ready, need to load things to take to Steve, etc plus wash and clean out the front. The house is getting there and will be good when I get the boxes I've readied out in the back end.

I have a Dr's appointment with my ortho on Friday--my hip and knee are 90% okay and we won't do anything more until I get back but she wanted to see me two weeks after the shots. Plus I have a bunch of errands and shopping to do that day.

Saturday, my family is meeting in Higginsville for a picnic at the Confederate Memorial State Historical Park. Then we will take flowers to Larry, as a group. I think it will be hard but still enjoyable. The boys will keep us from being morbid, they are always good for a laugh!

On top of the "gigantic to do" list my allergies have made themselves known-too much rain=mold. AND we went from the heater to the air conditioner in 6 days!

I hope to send a daily "travelogue" of this upcoming trip. After 10 days travel and visiting in San Diego I'm taking the Pacific Coast Highway clear up the coast to Washington state, then east to visit a cousin on Lake Roosevelt and from there home through Montana and the Dakotas. I'm in no rush just plan to amble along and see what's to see.

2 comments:

Reynolds Rap said...

Let's try this again...already typed it once and it deleted it....

So, Gail I take it you will be gone more than 24 hours. You need/deserve a break and seeing the country side is a great way to do it. Keep up up-to date on your travels so we can track where you are at and send envy your way!!

Please get some good pictues and post them of all 3 grandbabies together - and some with you with them. This will be an adventure in itself!!

Have a great time.

a good yarn said...

It's a lot of work to prepare for such a big trip, so make sure you enjoy yourself! I think having your family around you will make taking flowers to Larry easier. Have a safe journey and wonderful time. Ann :-)