Sunday, June 6, 2010

West Coast Vacation-Day Eight

Wow, I've been gone a week already! To all of you following my little journey and leaving me comments--Thank You, I like knowing you are enjoying it all!

I took Rob and Tanya to the airport this morning, Beth, Lucas and the boys flew out today as well so it will be less frantic with activity now. I will spend more time with Steve, Candice and Nora. In fact tomorrow I'll be babysitting Nora while the kids work. She's a very easy baby but I'll still be tired at night--the nerves of not letting anything happen on my watch!

I've spent the day doing laundry, and getting my room and truck organized, still have to pay bills, but that's next. I had some shopping to do so Kelsey and I ran some errands, and somehow ended up at the dog beach! She's been such a trooper during all this so I took her for a walk along the tide line. I didn't know I was going to end up there so I don't have photos. She was interested but a little spooked by all the dogs playing with each other and their people. Shelties don't really do water, their coats are really heavy when wet, so I expected the look I usually get from her around water that says only too plainly "You want ME to go in there? I'd get my feet wet!" But one wave did get her feet, I think she'd have gone out a little further but some big dog came and sniffed her bum and that was the end of the water and the beach. Not really resting but having it all done is restful.

No comments: