Friday, June 18, 2010

West Coast Vacation-Day Eighteen

After a leisurely breakfast of coffee and Joanne's wonderful homemade rye bread I loaded the truck for travel. Kelsey was all eyes and getting nervous, I really think she loved being there and was reluctant to leave--or else was hoping for more salmon! I followed them to the Idaho state line as they had a day's worth of shopping to do in Spokane, beginning with Cabella's, of course. Kelsey and I turned north at Coeur D'Alene , ID to take highway 2 towards Glacier national park. It was a beautiful drive through mountain valleys, not too much up, down, round and round or tree tunnels but way too much rain and low clouds. It was cold! I am not used to cold this late in June! Lots of cows and horses in pretty meadows with pretty houses but no wildlife. (So adding the doe with her fawns I saw at Jim's that's only 2 species, urgh.) I reached Kallispel about dinner time, or maybe later as I am now back in Mountain time.

No comments: