Friday, August 20, 2010

August finish!


After several months of no finishes, I finally finished this make up bag for the OPM challenge! Haven't been sewing much this past week. I did work on a few more nine patches but nothing really to show.

It is storming outside (don't worry my laptop is unplugged!) big thunderclaps. I love thunderstorms! It's a natural fireworks display and it's amusing to watch the raindrops bounce when they hit! I know, I'm easily entertained. I'm tired so I'm not watching. The satellite tv is searching for a signal think I may as well turn it off-the tv that is.

It occurred to me that my trip to Ireland is only like 5 weeks away and that I needed shoes and clothes plus misc stuff. I have a horrid time finding clothes and shoes that I like so I went shopping. I hit the jackpot! Bought 4 pairs of shoes, I can tell you this is something I haven't done for a long time, maybe ever. They had the sketchers I love in both brown and black (they don't always carry them so I bought both) I have two pair I bought 2 years ago and while they aren't really fit for going out they're still in terriffic shape for raking etc. I also bought new walking shoes, tennies, and a pair of flats that will be easy to manage through airport security. Also found two long-sleeved T's for wearing under sweaters. Will need to get on line and get a raincoat with a hood and some more shirts. I'm starting to get excited!

Beth and I went to see "Eat, Pray, Love" last night after dinner at Red Lobster. It's such a treat to spend time with her alone! The movie was fun, too. I loved the book and hey Julia Roberts! It was very good, somehow they managed to make Julia even look a little like Elizabeth Gilbert! That's a bit of a stretch as Julia's very tall and Liz Gilbert is maybe 5'2" and 100 lbs soaking wet! Anyway, it's good but probably fits the "Chick flick" category!

Well, I think I'll go watch the storm.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

My word Gail, am I behind in all the news. A trip to Ireland in 5 weeks! Fantastic! It's definitely on my list so I'm keen to see what you think of the place. It's so exciting! Great buy on the shoes too. ann...