Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cross- Stitch Update

This is last week's post on the left, just really getting started there.  What little I had done on the broom had to be pulled out, wrong color!








On the right is this week's progress.  It's tough as I'm doing it backwards--I think I pulled out the broom twice because I didn't have the correct color!  The transparency idea just didn't work--it wasn't clear enough to tell which symbol was used.  I always do these on 22 count hardanger cloth over 4 threads so it's fairly large-that makes it some easier.  This pattern has less objects on it as I have run out of patterns exactly like the others.  Well, ones for girls anyway.  I think it's moving along pretty well. 

The weather finally cooled down for a few days, although the weather folks say the heat is coming back, urgh!  Maybe it won't make it up quite so high?  I've done a little work outside, got the gardens tidied up and some more stuff cleaned out of the fence.  Lots more to do there.  I'm taking the 30 minutes a day approach to digging out for pavers--that dirt is like cement!

I went to Columbia last Saturday to see my MIL who was just out of the hospital, and is improving.  I wanted  to see Scott and Bri's new apartment as well.  Had to have dinner at the Indian restaurant there.  The apartment is SO nice!  I've never actually lived in an apartment for more than a few months but I think I could live in that one!  Plus Scott bought me Mexican Coke a Cola--no corn syrup, just sugar, and bottled in glass--amazingly good and so different than Coke in plastic or aluminum! 

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

You are doing a marvellous job Gail. The mouse is a sweetie! I bet you are looking forward to Fall. Sounds like you had a terrific trip to see your famil. Hope your MIL continues to improve. ann...