Sunday, August 29, 2010

A little update

Oh well, I didn't make ANY of last weeks updates, sigh.  Likely because there was nothing to update!  I had to go and get the actual book for the cross stitch I'm working on, I had copied it out of the library but  it wasn't clear enough to see as I went on.  So no progress there.  I did work on the 9 patches, which are now waiting for me to press them, but nothing to show.  I've worked hard in the yard trying to catch up outside from two years of neglect (in places).  I'm making Very Slow Progress there.  Digging out where I want to put pavers is slow and tedious--so many tree roots to dig out and the ground is very hard, too many years of things just setting on it I guess.  I'm also trying to touch up the house paint, every year I seem to have some paint pop or peel and I haven't touched up in two years either so there is more than normal.  I took off the shutters and cleaned behind them, as we all like the house without I won't be putting them back up!  With all these slow projects and the return of the 90's heat (sounds like a monster--Return of the Mummy etc--okay maybe it is!) I'm feeling a bit down trodden,  seems like I work and work but never finish things.  Threatened to take the camper out for a week just so I don't have to look at it, alas, it would just be there when I got back and I would feel guilty on top of it. Urg!

I did have an eye appointment to check on my cataracts--no significant change in cataracts or script--which left me a bit fuzzy, vision wise for the rest of the day.  I had Brayden parts of Monday, Tuesday and all of Wednesday as he had strep throat but antibiotics have put him right again, well except for being so spoiled by us all waiting on him that he's cranky without.

This week I hope to finish the paint and the yard, excepting the pavers which I'll be lucky to have in this year!  I'm having aches and pains from the inflammatory joint disease so I'm thinking I'll call my General practitioner for a new anti-inflam as Advil helps until it wears off.  I really don't like taking either very much but all my auto-immune diseases are flaring up at the moment.  Hopefully, things will calm down inside my body soon and I can go back to no meds.

Last night when Kelsey and I took our evening stroll to the park we were the only ones down there-no girls playing softball, none of the other dogs and owners either.  The circadias are quite loud this year and we are quiet so the fox stuck his head out of the woods, looked at us and disappeared!  I noticed then that the sumac are already turning red and this morning I noticed a gum tree with leaves changing to yellow.  Is seems early for this, usually we don't see color for another 6 weeks and sometimes its later.  Wonder why so early ?

Kelsey and I will be heading out in a little bit for the evening saunter, wonder what we will see.  Then I'll be making little x's on fabric!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Don't feel down Gail, a house is a never ending chore. I'm sorry to read that you are having some health issues and I hope you feel better soon. Cicadas, foxes, gum trees - if I didn't know better I'd say you were in Australia! ann...