Monday, September 20, 2010

Eight More Get-ups!!

Until I fly!  First to Chicago, then the next day to New York and on the Shannon, Ireland!  I'm in a difficult state of mind, I have nearly everything I need for the trip but it's too soon to pack.  I have the antsies! 

After being sick for five days I gave up the gluten-free diet, I just kept remembering the allergist saying that if you got worse you were looking at the wrong thing.  I may try it later, still thinking about it, but it's so difficult to do that I'll have to have medical advice in person I think.  Just as I was feeling better, I decided to clean up the sticks that were littering my front yard courtesy of the Sycamore tree.  There were so many I had to rake and filled two yard waste bags with broken up sticks.  Then I decided to mow.  About halfway through all this I realized I should have been wearing a face mask.  That darn tree gets me every fall!  One week later I'm now coming out of the allergy and asthma attack created by that yard work! ERGH! 

For the first time in weeks I managed to clean my house today, still a little left for tomorrow but that's okay.  I've been working on a couple of non-sewing projects, sort of secret one of them, that have been in the works for a long time.  A very little sewing has been done, more tonight I think.  I meant to cross-stitch last night but we have HBO on a free week (Once a year, I think) and "Australia" was on last night.  I so wanted to see it but it required all my attention and staying up to midnight.  Movies often make me think.  I've done quite a bit of it since last night.  (Wish now I had seen it in the theater.)  I have never understood people who hate, just because another person is different in some way.  I think something must be broken in them and in the end it breaks them.  There is certainly a parallel between US treatment of First Nations peoples and Aussie treatment of Aborginies,  here people hated Indians(or blacks) just because they were here.  I know that if you intend to take control of a country from another group you must in some way make them less and you more but to just hate for no real reason is senseless.  In all times there have been people who have seen this, I hope that had I lived in those times I would have been one.  I hope I can remember to be one now.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Well Gail, the countdown has begun and these days will either take forever to tick by or fly past before you knoew it. I am sorry to read that you weren't well after your yardwork and hope that you feel better now.

Glad you like the film - Australia - as far back in time as can be remembered people have suffered at the hands of others. It seems to be a part of our nature I'm afraid but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to be better. Ann :-)