Thursday, September 2, 2010

One Year

Larry crossed over one year ago today.  We are healing, there are still days when we cry.  I especially have a hard time when I think about our grandchildren and the fact that they won't remember him.  He didn't even get to met Nora.  We talk of him often, watch the photos of him on my digital photo frame and laugh--he was such a goof!  I still have trouble making some decisions but I've found that if I just let it go the answer comes to me, I am lucky in that I can afford to just put it off.  I have been busy trying to catch up with things let go during his illness and the time following his death, but I sometimes can't seem to function in any but the most basic ways.  It's getting better.  Today I went to the cemetery where his ashes are and "chatted" with him.  I know he isn't there and I don't go often but it seems helpful.  There were tears but I didn't feel kicked in the gut so that's an improvement as well.  We are forging new lives as I said we must.  We have a lot to look forward to in 2011, Rob graduates with his BS in Computer Science, Bri with her law degree and the grandchildren will grow and delight us all!

No comments: