Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday evening

Well, I've been a slacker where the blogging comes in!  I'll try to get better again.  I've been recovering from Thanksgiving and haven't done much of anything since but tomorrow I have to get started accomplishing things again. 

We had a lovely Thnaksgiving,  I delegated some this year and surprised everyone I think. It's a big meal and I cooked Wednesday and Thursday (although by Thursday there really isn't much to do)  finished the deep cleaning of the house following the bath re-do and watched the grandboys.  And I wonder why I was so tired!  Rob and Scott set up the tables and then set the tables with gold chargers and my Mother's white and platinum bone china and sterling silver.  I had bought new goblets large enough to be water glasses and used my oil lamps as a center piece so the table looked really mag.  Bri made the rolls, from my Mother (and grandmother's) recipe, they were delish.  Beth made a fruit salad, also yummy.  Eleven of us sat down to dinner at 6,  there was much talk and laughter after we took the edge off the hunger thing!  I think Thanksgiving is about traditions and family more than it is about the food-although that is a tradition.  I once tried to have ham instead of turkey for Thanksgiving and my then 3 year old son, Steven, was incensed!  I never tried that one again.  Anyway, clean up was achieved by assembly line and while things are not back to normal in the kitchen just yet it's as done as it gets until I find a place for things.  Too much stuff, too little space.

Today when I took Kelsey for a walk to the park the wind was blowing leaves across the ice skim on the creek and they looked like skaters and one big leaf like a wind surfer!  I'm easily amused, what can I say.
Most of the trees have lost all their leaves, the oaks are the last hold outs,  and you can see the squirrel nests quite plainly.  I used to have a nest in every tree but since the tree trimmers thinned my oaks I'm down to one.  Can't say I'll miss those little buggers.  I've finished with leaves for the fall, not that there aren't leaves out there I'm just not going to deal with them any more.  They still be here in the spring.  I'll have to finish dealing with acorns then as well,  I picked up a great many but I have as many as the entire inventory of a marble factory in my back yard!  It was quite dangerous to walk in places,  I will have to get them picked up early in the spring or I'll be digging a forest of oak trees again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We went up to my Mom's in Moreno Valley. She cooked. Once again she wouldn't let anyone bring anything. And she wonders where I get my stubborness from, HA!

Most of the trees that will change here, have changed, but still tons of leaves left.

Keep warm,
jilly