Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday

Well, I'll start off with bread.  I made Buttermilk Honey Bread today, so far it's the best tasting of any I've made.  I'm not happy with the way these breads are rising, or rather not rising.  It takes nearly twice as long to rise as the recipe says and then it never really gets as high as it should, today's bread is about 3 inches high at most.  I'm used to breads that get quite a bit higher.  No photo cause we already ate a loaf. Grin.

I had planned to go to Columbia and see Scott and Bri as well as my mother in law on Saturday and return on Sunday but. . . Friday we got another inch of snow and the forecast was for another 24 hour snow event beginning at noon on Saturday, another 3-6 inches.  Decided I should just stay home.  We got one-half inch.  I am still bummed.

So the word of the week is extraordinary.  Defined by the Oxford American Dictionary (still not new but newer)  Adjective.  1.  very unusual or remarkable.  2.  beyond what is usual or ordinary
Think I'll aim for being extraordinary (or Extra  Ordinary).

Quote of the week:  (one of my very favorites)  "Promise me you'll always remember you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think."  Christopher Robin to Pooh.
Words to live by.

No comments: