Thursday, March 3, 2011

Project updates!

 I haven't posted an update on my cross-stitch in a very long time, the last one had only the broom top completed.  I've been working steadily in the evenings with the television on for company.  I never watch TV in the daytime and seem to need it at night, go figure.  I hope to have the stitches in by months end, and will do the back stitch in April.  Then I will need to begin the next stocking in the list, three more after this one, I'd really like to get two done this year at least.


I've been wanting to get back into knitting again so I've been whipping up dish cloths.  They are easy and I like using them so why not.  I bought the yarn for a hat to compliment my Irish scarf, first wool yarn I have bought in a really long time.  Knitting always reminds me of my Great Aunt Daisy.  She taught me to knit when I was 11 or 12.  Quilting always makes me think of my Grandmother Hickam, I have a very vivid memory of her letting me stitch on the quilt on the frame.  I understand she was very picky so she most likely pulled my stitches out!  (So does baking bread by the way.)
I've been keeping busy even if I can't seem to remember a single thing I've done this week!  Cleaned house, sorted photos, did my stint at the Historical society (typing on the computer), had the boys over.  The usual stuff.  I've done some reading.  Am making good progress on Pacific Destiny and finished the first Harry Potter book-decided that if every 9 year old in the English speaking world (and some who don't speak English) knew who Harry was I should as well, besides I like reading Children's Literature.  Oh yeah, started walking through the park and over to the lake and back, about 3 miles in all, trying to lose the tonnage.

No comments: