Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Lazy Day

Yesterday, I mowed the yard for the first time this year!  Normally Rob would mow, but after last years fun with an Er visit following a yellow jacket sting, he isn't allowed.  After that I spent a little time leveling out the bare spot left when the sycamore was cut down.  I want it to be a smooth grade out there not the hill thing I currently have going on, as soon as I have the grade right I need to spread grass seed.  I also need to fill in low spots and holes and seed them as well as two other places now empty of trees.  I also dug out a few weeds- not dandy lions, although I'm sure the neighbors would love it if I did!  The last check of the new garden beds in front showed that ALL of the new plants from last year are up!  I'm sure I will need to plant some more to fill in bare spots but at least the bare spots aren't huge!  After all the yard work yesterday I decided I needed a "do as little as possible day" so today I've been reading and lazing about. The wind is blowing big time but the feel of the warm spring air blowing over me is so welcome I could (and did) just lie there and take it.  It's so soft.  Tomorrow, I'll hit the work again but today I'm just going to enjoy.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I think you've earned a lazy day. Your cross stitch is progressing nicely - such a charming design and I love your quilt top! It looks fantastic! That cheddar yellow really makes it pop. Nice work indeed. Ann :-)