Monday, May 9, 2011

Graduation Day!

 Last Friday (May 6th) we had a party!  A Graduation Party! For Rob!  If you had told me seven years ago that I would EVER see this happen I'd have laughed in your face.  He dropped out of school at 16, was in and out of trouble and I very nearly lost the hope that things would ever change.  Until one day, 6 years ago, he asked me to go with him to enroll in college.  He began at Community College and finished at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, with Latin honors-cum laude, in Computer Science.  To say that I am proud of him would be a vast understatement! 
 Rob and Tanya, his girl.  She's next to go back to school!
 Rob and his younger brother, Scott.  Both Scott and older brother, Steve, helped Rob with problems.  Scott in Math and Steve with programming issues.  He says he couldn't have done it without them!
 My four children.  Between them they hold SEVEN college degrees (6 from University of Missouri schools) and Elizabeth is working on another Masters.  I am so proud of them!
 This is one happy Mom with the graduate!
And two nephews and a niece who may not have been happy with posing for photos but who adore their Uncle Rob.

Yee-Haw!  I'm four for four!

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

That is fabulous! Congratulations! You have every right to be proud. What a charming family you have. You are a terrific mum! Ann :-)

Andrea said...

How fantastic ! Good for Rob. I love the photo of Rob and Scott - The phrase Getting a degree-no problem came to mind - lol xxx