Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yet another update!

So the weekend didn't stop with Friday!  On Saturday I returned my Mother-in-Law to her home via the train, she had come up on Thursday for Commencement and stayed in the guest house (the trailer/yard weight).  I hit the grocery store on the way home to collect a few things I needed for Sunday and by the time I got home the grandboys had arrived.  I kept ALL the grandkids, that sounds like a lot but there are only three, while the siblings went out to a comedy club.  The boys are very good with Nora, who is quite a bit smaller than they are, and all went well until bedtime.  Brayden, gotta love him, crashed on his pallet on the floor but Kolby and Nora where a different story.  Kolby usually goes down really well for me but about the time I put him down Nora started crying for her Mama (and when she didn't appear then she cried for Dada.)  That started Kolby off crying for his Mama and sent out a distress signal!  We rocked, we went outside to look at the stars, we looked out the window in front for the cars carrying Mamas, and finally I gave up and played with them.  It was very late for Kolby, Nora is a night owl and on California time, when Mamas arrived.  Only a few minutes later Granna crashed!

On Sunday, we all had brunch together, Strawberry waffles, to celebrate Mother's Day, Steve's birthday and Rob had a few more gifts to open as well.  Then Beth and Lucas were off to St Joseph for Mother's Day with his Mom and things quieted down.  Nora picked up a few new words on Saturday, which she practiced on Sunday (yucky, and Charge-I have a toy truck that does the music and you say charge at the end which she loved.)  They had friends of Steve's to meet, Rob and Tanya were gone, so I had the house to myself! 

Yesterday, I managed to find most of the house after all the fun we'd been having!  I am so tired still, crashing early but can't sleep beyond 6:15am.

The weather was lovely until Sunday.  Well, it was sunny then but I had to turn on the Air-conditioning!  I only turned the heat off that morning!  And Friday it's only to be 69F.  Crazy spring!

I think I've caught you up for now so I'll be talking to you!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

You have a busy live but one filled with family and the love that surroubds them. Ann :-)