Friday, June 17, 2011

What a Week.

It's been a crazy week.  Just as I began to think I was getting it all together again, life struck.  I'm not even sure how!  I dropped my Kindle once too often and the screen is broken, sigh.  I have mixed feelings about the Kindle but there are some features I really enjoy:  1. It's great for traveling, small and light and capable of holding 1000's of books, easy to add a book to if you are in say, Ireland! 2.  I don't have to find shelf space for the Kindle books-which is no small thing. 3.  I can (and do) read the books over and over again, that would be harder to do if I checked them out of the library. and 4. I can make the print any size I want! Since I have quite a few books on the Kindle I'm sure I'll be getting a new one very soon!

Occasionally, I decide to run a test to see if I still need my anti-inflammatories and I did that this week  the first two days weren't bad so I thought maybe I could eliminate them.  When the third day hit, however, it was an entirely different story. Big Sigh!  I hurt.  Especially, my left knee and hip.  So I had to take a couple of days off the gym until the meds take hold again.  I think I'll be okay to go tomorrow, maybe.

This morning I did one of those things a Mother always dreads, I waved Rob off down the highway towards San Diego, trying not to let the tears get the best of me.  The job search here has been dismal (until yesterday and today when he already had interviews scheduled in San Diego for Monday) and we've always suspected that he would need to go to one of the coasts the find development work.  He will stay with his oldest brother, Steve,  there and look for work, if he finds something he will only come back to move.  Tanya is here with me as she had to work.  He's always said he wanted to live there, so if he really likes it and can find work than I am happy for him, but I will really miss him!

On a happier note, I did finish the mock up of a choir robe for Steve and Tanya's Christmas stocking.  I purchased the fabric for the back today, so when that is done I'll post a photo of the whole deal.  I'll be starting on Bri's July 1st.

For tonight, I'm moving the TV box into my office and then I'll clean it up--AGAIN!  URGH!!!
 

1 comment:

Linda, NE Iowa said...

I heard the San Diego area is a great place to live. The weather is also supposed to be really good. A great place for you to visit.