Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day!

Well, after all the hard work (with more to come) it is here,  Thanksgiving Day.  One of my faves-oh wait, I like them all!  A holiday that is often lost in the Christmas frenzy to follow.  I find that sad.  I also think it is too close to Christmas-perhaps we should follow Canada's lead and move it into October?  I don't really mind the work, it's just cooking-which I love-and cleaning-which I don't love although I attempt to remember this poem I have stuck to my refrigerator (author unknown):

Thank God for dirty dishes.
They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry
we're eating very well.
For by this stack of evidence
I shouldn't want to fuss.
With home and health and happiness
God's been good to us.

I wish for all the joy of family and feasting.

Happy Thanksgiving!


                       

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Happy Thanksgiving! That's a terrific poem. What a shame that this special day is being lost because of Christmas. I'd love to share Thanksgiving. Hopefully one day I shall have the chance. Enjoy! ann :-)

Karen said...

Thanksgiving in October IS perfect, said the Canadian girl!